Do you think it's time to hire a residential cleaning service? Consider the following questions:
- How much do you really love to clean?
- How bad is the dust on your furniture - can you even see the furniture anymore?
- Has the laundry pile become so large on the couch that it's the first place everyone looks for clean clothes?
- Would you say that living outdoors would be cleaner than living in your own home?
- Does the cat refuse to use its own litter box because of its condition?
- Can you find anything you've purchased in the mess and clutter of your home?
If you love to clean then everything is probably fine, but if you hate the chore and think your home is becoming uninhabitable, it's time to call in a professional.
Once you've decided that you want to hire the best cleaning service in
- Ask for referrals from those who work in other professional industries.
- Ask friends and family if they use a particular service they can recommend.
- Search the internet for local companies.
Professional cleaning companies are all different and offer different services. If they say they do it all or just give you a cookie cutter offer of services, think carefully about this. Typically it's best to have a company that does a few large or common chores very well than one that tries to do absolutely everything on every visit. Or you may even need just one type of cleaning when they come.
It's always good to have a written plan of what the cleaning company will do for you. These services may include:
- Moving your furniture to clean underneath it or behind it.
- Dusting every surface, including all your knickknacks.
- Cleaning the curtains or other window coverings.
- Doing laundry.
- Organizing clutter.
It's also good to understand the details of jobs they'll do. If they say they'll do dishes, does this mean everything including washing, drying, and putting away or do they just wash and leave them in the dish drainer? Many chores like this need every detail spelled out so you know what you're paying for.